Our mission - prevention and promotion in action
Healthcare A2Z is a nurse-led organisation that brings together a network of talent and expertise. We specialise in infection prevention and control but have wider knowledge and experience. We combine our clinical and communication skills to create engaging courses and practical products that people remember and act upon.
For more information on Healthcare A2Z please visit our website by clicking here.
If you have any comments about the shop or suggestions for new products please contact John Gaudin
Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd
19 Tates Field,
CB23 3PX, UK
Telephone: 01223 236407
Making A Purchase
How do I place an order?
When you have found an item that you wish to buy click the 'Add to Cart' button to add it to your shopping basket.
When you have finished shopping click the 'Checkout' button to proceed to delivery and payment.
You will be asked to register with the shop and create a password to process your order, this will also enable you access your account details at a later date. We will ask you for a delivery address for your goods. You will only have to do this once, after that you will just be asked for your email address and password. If you are already registered with Infection A2Z you will still need to register as we are required to keep separate details for the on-line store.
At checkout, you can review and amend your order details on the Order Summary page. Once you are happy with your order click 'Next', then you will be presented with the Order Confirmation page. Check that everything is correct and click 'Pay Now'.
You will then be transferred to the secure WorldPay website where you will need to enter your payment method to complete the payment process.
Once the payment process is complete WorldPay will send you a confirmation of your credit card transaction. We will also send you an order confirmation through our store. Please keep these for your records as they act as your VAT invoice and proof of payment.
We can accept the following payment methods:
Credit cards: Mastercard, Visa
Debit cards: Maestro, Solo
Cheque: Sterling cheques drawn on a UK bank, with a UK address
If accompanied by an authorised purchase order or purchase order number we can supply goods on invoice. This service is within the UK only.
How to cancel items from an order
You can cancel or amend any order placed with HealthcareA2Z, provided that the order has not yet entered the despatch process. Please contact us at info@healthcareA2Z.org for further assistance.
As soon as we receive notice of your order cancellation, we will refund the relevant part of the purchase price for that item together with the item's normal postage charge - we cannot refund any priority, express or courier component of the postage charge.
Shipping And Handling
For our purposes the UK includes England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and all BFPO addresses.
For deliveries to the Republic of Ireland, see European Delivery Rates.
For download items there is no delivery charge, once your payment has been authorised you will receive an email with a link to the download site. You will have 24 hours to access this site and will be able to download the item once only.
For all other goods the post and packing charges are as follows:
Weight in kg UK
0.25 - £1.50
0.5 - £2.50
0.75 - £2.95
1.0 - £3.95
1.5 - £5.95
2.0 - £6.95
2.5 - £8.95
Weight in kg Europe, Zone1 and 2
0.25 - £3.95
0.50 - £5.95
0.75 - £8.95
1.0 - £10.95
1.5 - £15.95
2.0 - £22.95
For items heavier than 2.5kg in the UK, or 2kg in the rest of the world please contact us for a quote.
Please note that if VAT is charged on the item, then post and packing becomes subject to VAT also.
Delivery is by Royal Mail first class post, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. Internationally by Royal Mail Airmail please allow 1-3 weeks for delivery depending on your location.
We will do our utmost to dispatch your item within 5 working days in the UK, and 1-3 weeks on international orders, but please allow up to 28 days.
If your item is not in stock, we will hold your order until the product is in stock, and we will let you know the estimated delivery time. If you do not want to wait, you will have the option to cancel your order it.
All prices shown include VAT (except books and leaflets, which are zero-rated for VAT purposes). When a zero-rated VAT item, such as a book, is ordered together with a fully rated VAT item, such as a CD-ROM, VAT must also be charged on the cost of postage and packing.
VAT is chargeable on all goods delivered to the UK or other EU member state addresses. However, if the delivery address is in the EU, and you can quote a valid VAT number, then we do not have to charge VAT on your purchases.
Credit Card Security
We do not store your credit card details on our website at all. When you place an order, before you enter your credit card details you will be transferred to the World Pay website.
WorldPay's payment systems provide very high levels of security including remote data storage, state of the art encryption techniques and continual enhancements to ensure that their technology remains world class.
When you place an order you will receive an email from us informing you of the acceptance of your order and another one from World Pay confirming the transaction on your credit card.
Our 10-day returns guarantee means that if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition within 10 days of the date you received the item, unopened (with any seals and shrink-wrap intact) and we will issue a full refund for the price you paid for the item - see our Refunds Policy. Unfortunately, we cannot accept return of downloaded items. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
By law, customers in the European Union also have the right to withdraw from the purchase of an item within seven working days of the day after the date the item was delivered. This applies to all of our products except for digital download items where the item has been downloaded. We regret that we also cannot accept cancellations of contracts for the purchase of CD-ROM, DVD, audio, video and software products where the item has been unsealed. To cancel your purchase within the seven-working-day cooling-off period, please contact us at info@healthcareA2Z.org. For more information on your right to withdraw from your purchase within the seven-working day cooling-off period, visit the Department of Trade and Industry's website.
If you need to reach us, please email us using the link on the shop page, alternatively, you can write to us at
Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd
19 Tates Field,
CB23 3PX, UK
Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This Policy explains how we use the information we collect from you, how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information and the procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
The information we collect and how we use it
1.If you respond to any of the requests for information in our registration or feedback service you may as a result submit to us your name, profession, organisation, email address and address. Services such as A2Z hotlinks require your consent when you register for A2Z interactive. Should you decide at a later date that you do not wish to be contacted by us, please email us at interactive@healthcareA2Z.org to inform us.
When you purchase an item from our shop, we may need to collect additional details (e.g additional addresses). We gather this information to allow us to process your purchase. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to provide you with statements of your account and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your account.
2. Third Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing duplicated information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. These third parties have access to your personal information as is needed to perform their functions, but may not use this information for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
We may also use this information to provide you with news about special features of our website or any other service or products of Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not to receive this information, please send us an email message to info@healthcareA2Z.org
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as remember me at log in, personalised greetings and storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits.
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of the shop's features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
4. How we protect your information
The Internet is not a secure medium. However, we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy.
Firewalls are used to block unauthorised traffic to the servers and the actual servers are located in a secure location, which can only be accessed by authorised personnel.
We also keep your information confidential. Our internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using our website especially if you are using a shared computer.
5. Third-Party Websites
6. Sale of Business
If this business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
7. Updating your Details
If any of the information you have provided to Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd changes, for example, if you change your email address, name or payment details or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to info@healthcareA2Z.org or by sending a letter to Data Manager, Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd, Unit 10, Bennell Court, West Street, Comberton, Cambridgeshire, CB23 7DS or by making the changes on-line through the website.
8. Your Consent
Owing to the global nature of the internet and payment processing infrastructure, any information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this Policy. However we have taken steps outlined above to try and improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
If you do not want us to hold your personal information/details, then please do not submit it to us.
9. How to contact Healthcare A2Z
Terms & conditions
This is an important section of the site explaining the terms and conditions you are agreeing to when you use the Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd website.
1. Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this web site are directed solely at individuals who access this web site from the United Kingdom. Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd does not represent that any product referred to in the materials on this web site is appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
2. Any contract between us, whether for use of the site or in relation to the purchase of products or services through the site will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and all parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Any contract will be communicated in English.
3. We have taken every care in the preparation of the content of this web site, however we cannot guarantee uninterrupted and totally reliable access to this web site, and so therefore cannot guarantee that the information will always be completely up to date and free of mistakes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd disclaims all warranties; express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this web site and will accept no liability for any loss or damage arising as a result of problems with access.
4. Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage, which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this web site.
5. Certain (hypertext) links in this site may lead to other web sites, which are not under the control of Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd. When you activate any of these you will leave the Healthcare A2Z web site and as such Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd has no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability for the material on any web site which is not under the control of Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd.
6. We may make software owned or operated by third-party companies available to you. You must only use this software in accordance with the terms and conditions imposed by the third-party provider.
7. Your correspondence or participation in promotions, or business dealings with advertisers found on or through the web site, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertisers. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings, or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on this web site.
8. The exclusions of liability set out in these terms and conditions shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd, or any of their employees or agents.
9. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
10. Healthcare A2Z Limited reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions from time to time by posting new terms and conditions on this web site.
All brand names, product and service names and titles and copyrights used in this site are trademarks, trade names, service marks or copyrights of their respective holders. No permission is given by Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd for their use by any person other than such holders and such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
All designs, text, graphics and their selection and arrangement on this web site are the copyright of Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd or its content providers. Permission is granted to users to electronically copy or print portions of this site for their own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of materials on this site without Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd's prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd
Registered Office: 82B High Street, Sawston, Cambridge, CB2 4HJ
VAT Number: 837701911 Registered in England Number: 5097402
Last updated 01.06.2011
We can only accept the return of opened items if they are faulty. To return an item please contact us at info@healthcareA2Z.org for a Returns Number, re-package the product securely and post back to us at Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd, 19 Tates Field, Caxton, Cambridge, CB23 3PX, UK, enclosing a copy of the delivery note or invoice. You may wish to obtain a proof of posting certificate.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the items to us unless we delivered the item to you in error, or if the item is damaged or defective.
Items returned because they are damaged, defective or incorrect:
Damaged items: if you take delivery of a Healthcare A2Z package and the contents have been damaged in transit, you can return the item(s) to us within 7 days of receipt for exchange. Please contact us at info@healthcareA2Z.org for assistance in returning the item.
Defective items: you have the right to return a faulty item within 30 days. Please contact us at info@healthcareA2Z.org for assistance in returning the item.
If you are returning an item because of an error on our part or, in accordance with our returns policy, because it is damaged or defective, we will refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the item to you and pay your costs of returning it to us.
Healthcare A2Z will check all items returned as damaged or defective. In the event we find no fault, we reserve the right to re-charge you for the item/s and to recover our fees and expenses from you.
This applies to all of our products except for digital items (eg: the downloadable Booster PACK and online coaching quizzes) where the item has been downloaded or used online. Please inform us by email to info@healthcareA2Z.org within 7 days.
This section describes how we calculate refunds. Our refunds policy does not affect your statutory rights. Some notes about refunds:
When you send your item back to us we'll process the returned item then notify you via e-mail of your refund. You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within three weeks of our receiving your return.
You can also view completed returns and refunds at the bottom of an order's summary page in Your Account. If the return and refund do not appear in Your Account after four weeks from the day you sent us your return, please contact us at info@healthcareA2Z.org for further assistance.
In the UK
In general we require payment for all products before they can be despatched to you. This means that you should pay by credit card for the fastest delivery. If this is not possible then please send a cheque made payable to Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd and we will despatch products once we have received the cheque. Alternatively, if you have a signed purchase order from your organisation we can despatch on invoice.
It is not possible for us to send products overseas without payment. Please pay by credit card, or a sterling cheque drawn on a UK bank with a UK address made payable to Healthcare A2Z Publishing Ltd, or by money transfer or warranty. Please contact us for details for money transfer.